The first 33 days of 2017 are officially in the books. Only 332 to go!
While we saw mourned many more celebrity deaths in January 2016 (David Bowie, Alan Rickman, René Angélil, Abe Vigoda–to name a few) than this past January (Mary Tyler Moore), we still mourn for them nonetheless. A few other notable events that happened this past January include a new United States President was inaugurated, the whole world stood up for the many facets of human rights, and everyone in the United States has probably developed ulcers.
One a happier note: I read some books! And I think I added many more books in the process.
Read in January 2017:
- Navigating Life: Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me by Margaux Bergen
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay
- The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler
- Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice by Stacy King
Reading Challenge Updates:
- #RockMyTBR Challenge: Um, of the four books I read last month, I only own one, so… progress? More seriously, I want and need to read more books on my TBR/physical bookshelf this year that are not Harry Potter. Keep me accountable!
- POPSUGAR Reading Challenge: 4 out of 40–not bad! Although, I might not include The Vagina Monologues for this challenge because I don’t know which category it would fall under. Oh well!
February 2017 TBR
What’s on my TBR for February? Well, since you asked nicely:
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated Edition) by J.R. Rowling and Jim Kay
- The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti
- Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House by Jonathan and Drew Scott (don’t judge me!)
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
Five books during the shortest month? Let’s get to it!