How is it already July 1?! I hope my Canadian friends are having/have had a great Canada Day. To my American friends in the United States, be safe as we prepare to (and actually) celebrate the 4th of July.
Now that we’re officially halfway through the year, I thought it’d be a great time to do a progress check-in on how much I’ve read and my new year’s resolutions (anyone else even remember what yours are?…er…were?).
Crushed (Pretty Little Liars #13) by Sara Shepard
Deadly (Pretty Little Liars #14) by Sara Shepard
Toxic (Pretty Little Liars #15) by Sara Shepard
Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling
Oops! Didn’t read anything!
The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don’t Have with People You Don’t Like Doing Things You Don’t Want to Do by Sarah Knight
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
2016 Resolutions Progress Check
- Read more books that I own. Of the books I’ve read this year, I own five. And considering I owned 216 unread books at the beginning of the year, but then also having gotten rid of over 100 books (and still purging), I think five is a good start.
- Catalog my books more reasonably. This isn’t a thing until I’ve purged enough books to get to the cataloging stage.
- Donate books I don’t need. However, I’ve been donating the books I have purged! #progress
- Finish reading the Pretty Little Liars series. I’m ONE book away from FINALLY finishing the Pretty Little Liars series. I’m only doing this because I’m not a quitter but Sara Shepard has been pushing her luck with me on this…
- Reread the Harry Potter series in full. I was on a roll with rereading one Harry Potter book a month, but then March came along and I wasn’t in the mood to keep reading. Perhaps the latter half of the year will be different.
- Read more memoirs. I’ve read three this year. That’s more than other years. So I’d count that as a win.
- Read at least 25 books. I’ve read 15 books so far and I’m in the middle of my 16 book (17, if you count an audiobook). According to Goodreads, that’s 60% toward my reading goal for the year!
- Blog more regularly. I started strong this year, but then March came along…
- De-clutter. A slow task. A daunting task. But I’ve made some progress (see book purge). But seriously though. I’ve sold or donated three bags of clothes, several pairs of shoes and nearly 100 books. That’s definitely progress. There’s so much more I could do though.
- Exercise more. This one I’m proud of because since the beginning of the year, I’ve lost 10 lbs (or 4.5 kg). March was a slow reading month because it was when I finally got into a workout routine of 4 nights at the gym. I have a different routine now, but I’m still exercising regularly.
How is 2016 fairing for you so far? What’s your progress on your reading goals or new year’s resolutions?