Thirty-one days in 2016 down… only 335 to go!
So, it’s been quite a busy month. I swear sometimes it feels like I was just celebrating the New Year and slowly getting back into the groove of driving to work. And with starting a new routine too, I feel like I’ve been working on it forever (and still can’t quite get it down!).
I know some people made it a big deal which book would be their first for 2016, and I wish I could relate. I more or less picked up a book and started reading because I knew if I didn’t force myself to set aside time to read, I’d keep procrastinating and find excuses not to. I’m glad my “force myself to read more” plan worked!
I read 7 books in January!
- An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
- Nobody’s Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay
- Self-Help by Miranda Sings
- Crushed (Pretty Little Liars #13) by Sara Shepard
- Deadly (Pretty Little Liars #14) by Sara Shepard
- Toxic (Pretty Little Liars #15) by Sara Shepard
2016 Resolutions Progress Check
Alright… let’s review my resolutions and see how well I’m sticking to them…
- Of the 7 books I’ve read so far, three are books that I own. I’d call that progress.
- I’m one book away from finishing the Pretty Little Liars series. FINALLY.
- I’m 1/7 of the way through rereading the Harry Potter series.
- Because I’ve read 7 books in January, I’m 28% through my Goodreads goal of reading at least 25 books. (And I’m listening to my first audiobook–Heaven help me!)
- I’d like to think I’ve been blogging more regularly than I had just two years ago.
- Why is decluttering always the hardest? It’s the ultimate game of Tetris.
- I’ve been hitting the gym at least three times a week! My legs hate me!
Whew! Hopefully I can keep up the pace for February. How’s everyone else’s resolutions, reading or otherwise, going?