As I mentioned in my last post, I was nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award! My dear friend Brittany over at Briterati, who I’ve known since our sophomore year of college (cue “feeling old” laments), was kind enough to nominate me. Thank you!
I’m always a little curious about the origins of awards, so I figured I’d go on a hunt. Looks like a few people have tried to pinpoint who developed this specific award, but have come up with nothing. I’ve found blogs dating back to 2012 who have referred to blog posts back to 2010 who still don’t know where this award originated from, so now here we are. I only found ONE person who said her friend had written about The Very Inspiring Blogger Award’s beginnings, but now that post no longer exist. So, again, we’re still empty handed.
Regardless of who started this award, the meaning behind it seems straightforward. We’re all inspiring in our own ways. While we may not all be philosophically inspirational, we all motivate and encourage each other (and ourselves) through our words. How great is that? To be recognized for that is truly amazing, and we should keep paying it forward!
The Rules of the Award
- Thank and link back to the blogger(s) that nominated you.
- List the rules.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other inspiring blogs and contact them about their nomination.
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts about Myself
- The fact that I can only list seven facts is driving me crazy. I wrote a while ago that I’m not a fan of “useless” lists. Granted, not all lists are useless. Out of rage, I wrote that how I despite lists that don’t end in a 0 or 5, or are a list of 3 or 12. So the fact that I have to stop between 5 and 10 is driving me crazy.
- I hate pecans. Out of all the nuts I can think of, pecans are my least favorite. Hand me almonds, hand me walnuts or even raw peanuts. Anything but pecans, please.
- I’ve lived in three countries on two continents. Obviously, or at least I hope it’s obvious, I live in the United States. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve disclosed at least once, if not several times, that I live in Illinois. I’ve also lived in Canada for a year and in Armenia for ~2 months. I was in Armenia for two two-month long internships; I lived in an apartment with roommates, paid for electricity and rode on slightly unreliable public transportation, so that pretty much counts as living abroad.
- I’ve never colored my hair. Because why? I like my natural hair color. Plus if I’m outside long enough in the summer, red highlights appear.
- I am a girl who does not like the color pink. The only downside to that is that there are some very cute clothes that come only in pink, or the pink version looks the best on me. It happens and I accept it, but I try to exhaust all my options before I purchase anything pink.
- I’m a book hoarder. My bookcases and the top of my dresser look ridiculous… There’s very limited space because I keep pushing books toward the back and stacking more on top of others. I need professional help.
- It takes close to 2 hours to straighten my hair. This is one of those questions I always get asked, “How long does it take to straighten your hair?” I usually pop in a movie or watch two episodes of something, and by the end I’m done. Sometimes it goes by quickly, other times it’s agonizing, but I’ve learned to live with it. This is another reason why I usually don’t straighten my hair too often. It’s more like a once-a-year occurrence.
I’m going to try to list 15 bloggers (edit: 9 is over halfway, so I’m satisfied) whom I follow regularly, in addition to Brittany, who I find fascinating or who have shared their inspiration in one way or another. I encourage you all to take a look at their blogs and feel equally inspired! The topics of these blogs range from literary to musings to fashion, a hodge-podge if you will.
Non-Literature Blogs (But just as great)
- Shaunanigans (also check out her other blog The Taboo Tab)
- The Assorted Thoughts of a Scatterbrain
- Bucket List Publications
- The Better Man Project
Now, I doubt they will all follow suit with doing a repeat post like this, but it’s worth a shot. Regardless, I hope you enjoy these other blogs as much as I do!